10 Dec Fine Motor Activities for Preschoolers This Christmas
Fine motor skills help your preschooler develop the skills necessary for writing and coordination. Preschoolers can stay busy with fine motor activities for Christmas at home! You can help build their skills with these activities:
- A felt Christmas tree and ornaments. Make sure to set up your tree in an area where you will be close to help them with their tree! (Mighty Moms Club)
- Wrap up a box and make a Christmas tree pom pom push. (Busy Toddler)
- Enjoy pattern play with a paperclip candy cane activity. (School Time Snippets)
- Sort red and green M&Ms or jingle bells. (Stay at Home Educator)
- Roll out playdough and cut out shapes with your Christmas cookie cutters.
- Set out Magna Tiles with jingle bells and let your kids put together shapes that jingle! (And Next Comes L)
- Create a bin with loom bands, clothes pins and cookie cutters. (Little Bins for Little Hands)
- Thread Christmas ornaments with ribbon or yarn. (Frog in a Pocket)
- Practice cutting with a Christmas cutting tray. (What can we do with Paper and Glue)
- If you’re feeling ambitious, Grinch Slime. (Citrus and Stripes)
- Before all the decorations get on the tree, ornament sorting. (Busy Toddler)
- Play hide-and-seek with this hidden stocking game. (The Good Mama)
- With paper towel rolls and shatter-proof ornaments, set up a stacking game! (Happy Toddler Playtime)
- Make easy graham cracker gingerbread houses. (The Decorated Cookie)
- Make and use your own gift wrap for wrapping presents. (Kids Craft Room)
- Create all kinds of marshmallow sculptures. (Mess for Less)
- Set out a counting activity with sweet treats as prizes. (Amy Pessolano)
- Christmas tree tower challenge with plastic cups. How tall will it get?? (Little Bins for Little Hands)
- Decorate Styrofoam Christmas trees with lights and pipe cleaners. (Fun a Day)
- Break out your wooden blocks and practice shapes with these Christmas patterns. (Prekinders)
These themed activities will be the perfect way to reinforce fine motor skills at home during the holidays!
Want to learn more about Pleasant Hill Academy located in Duluth, Georgia? Our mission is to provide secure, nurturing, and educational environments for children ages 6 weeks – 12 years. We help children to bloom into responsible, considerate, and contributing members of society. For more information, give us a call or stop by for a tour! We’d love to get to know you and your family.